Friday, April 19, 2013

Beautiful Bridges in Early Spring

Today's post is two bridges from Gibbs Gardens. As with the earlier landscape shots, you might think the park as empty, but it was actually quite busy. I just waited until the shot was clear. People were very courteous, pausing on the path if they thought they would walk into the shot. I love photo shoots. I slip into my own world and change the way I look at the world. I scan for value changes, special lighting, amazing color, interesting textures or edges.

In Monet's bridge, I loved the arching line and refreshing shade of aqua green in counterpoint with the emerald lawns and ruby maples that were just coming into leaf. By summer, the canopies of other trees will crowd it. Today it was simplicity.

In the woodland bridge, I loved the strong geometry of it settled at the feet of towering trees. The forest was still a muted netting of grays, pinks, and palest greens, allowing the fresh morning sunshine to warm the tiger's eye gem of bridge and pond.


No comments:

Post a Comment