Sunday, April 14, 2013

Early Spring at Gibbs Gardens


I love the twiggy structure of tree and shrub. Early spring fills the canopies with hazy color, and that marvelous twiggy lace sparkles in the sunshine. This phase doesn't last long, and here I was with a balmy, sunny Saturday at just the right time: off to Gibbs Gardens for a photo shoot.

Though I often claim I am not a landscape photographer, the long scenes were irresistible this time.






Gibbs features a Daffodil festival, and this year (besides the millions that clothe hill tops and dales) they grew single cultivars in labeled buckets lining one of the walkways. It felt like browsing a flower market. Everyone with a cell phone was taking photos of their favorite flowers.

PS: these were all taken with the 100mm Macro lens, as I am too lazy to dig around switching lenses every few feet!

No comments:

Post a Comment